Re: [opensuse] How to tell what video driver I am usung
On 2011/12/30 20:52 (GMT-0500) Bob S composed:

This is with both 11.3 and 12.1 with KDE3/

I think that I upgraded my nvidia drivers in both distros. In 11.3 from an
older version and in 12.1 from nouveau. Nothing noticeable in 11.3 but a
major change in 12.1. screen is cleaner and sharper and video DVDs play
properly, but my menus and task bar apps have gottern smaller and bearly
readable. As an aside question will different drivers affect the dpi?

When you install the proprietary NVidia drivers, with the result that most things get "better", that means NVidia's the driver being used.

I'm pretty sure I set your Nouveau DPI to 180 via DisplaySize in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-monitor.conf, but I don't believe it can be forced except by the means instructed on http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Specifying_DPI_for_NVIDIA_Cards or similar help pages for the proprietary NVidia driver. The NVidia X configuration tool (which creates /etc/X11/xorg.conf) might make this a bit simpler; I've never used it myself, since I never use proprietary drivers.

To start with, what is the command to identify the drivers that are installed
and working?

If you view the /var/log/Xorg.0.log file in MC or Konq, whichever driver is in use will be repeated within many sequential lines in CAPS.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/