Re: [opensuse] Newbie has problems installing 12.1 with LAMP
On 30/12/11 12:05, hugh wrote:
On Friday 30 December 2011 19:58:54 Per Jessen wrote:
hugh wrote:
Hi,
I am new to OpenSUSE, but have come from a different Linux Distro.
--snip--
"Warning: Cannot open ConsoleKit session: Unable to open session:
Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such
file of directory"

I'm not sure, but I think you can safely ignore that.

I can log on, but functionality is limited, eg network, internet or
dvb card.

You're saying your network was not started?

yes, in part. I have had a look at a number of services. They are not
getting started at boot. I can start them through Yast and functionality
returns.
Can you tell me how through yast to set the service so that it starts at
boot,
so I do not have to restart them every time I restart the machine? (I
suspect
this question is a failure on my part to google correctly. A link to an
article on the service controller in yast would be excellent if there is one.)

I don't know where you're looking in YaST, but System > System Services
(Runlevel) seems to do the job :)

Bob
--
Bob Williams