Re: [opensuse] systemd pam entry missing in /etc/pam.d/xdm
On Wed, 2011-12-28 at 15:30 -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [12-28-11 15:02]:
On Tue, 2011-12-27 at 11:27 -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Javier Conti <javier.conti@xxxxxxxxx> [12-27-11 11:08]:
I've been struggling lately trying to download pictures fro my camera
with digikam after updating to openSUSE 12.1.
I, too, upgraded from 11.4 -> MS... -> RC.. -> GM
and have no automagic mounting of removable media, which I had in 11.4.
Could not mount ....
An unspecified error has occurred.: Authentication is required
note: user id is same on 12.1 as was on 11.4
My workstation is a fresh install of 12.1 and automount works for USB
drives; but neither of the CD/DVD drives works. Not the internal-SATA
drive or the USB DVD-Drive. The external drive worked on 11.4 [with my
laptop]. Neither generates a disk-changed event in 12.1
No solution.
See the thread at
<http://lists4.suse.de/opensuse-gnome/2011-12/msg00017.html>
The problem was that I had no permisisons to write to the special file
created by udev (in my case /dev/bus/usb/003/*).
A bit of troubleshooting led to systemd-uaccess not being able to
determine who was on seat0 (the user owning the session).
My local observances follow yours :^(
add: a laptop w/12.1 as original install, not upgrade, also does not work
automagically for removable media.

Have you run "udisks --monitor" to see if any events are generated with
you swap media?

<http://lists4.suse.de/opensuse-gnome/2011-12/msg00032.html>

--
System & Network Administrator [ LPI & NCLA ]
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>