Re: [opensuse] systemd pam entry missing in /etc/pam.d/xdm
  • From: Javier Conti <javier.conti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 00:00:09 +0100
On 28 December 2011 21:32, Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
* Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [12-27-11 11:29]:

I *can* mount removable media via pmount utility.

I never used the pmount utility, but are you sure it's not a suid binary?

I have a laptop which does not have the added line in /etc/pam.d/xdm which
functions as expected, automagically mounts removable media.

Maybe memory is failing me here, wouldn't be the first time.  But I can no
longer, if ever, automagically mount removable media on the laptop.

I don't use the automount feature either (I'm paranoid, I know), but just for
information, I've always been able to mount removable media in 12.1 without
problems, even before adding the pam_systemd module as described in the
original post. Probably your problem lays somewhere else.

Regs, Javier

--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA      HOG # US1244711
http://wahoo.no-ip.org        Photo Album: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2