Re: [opensuse] nss_ldap: could not search LDAP server
On Wednesday 28 Dec 2011 17:06:21 lynn wrote:
Hi
I used Yast LDAP Client to setup a LDAP connection

The server is Samba 4 to which I have added rfc2307 attributes. (Have
ldif, Will travel. If it would help.)

The user can get Kerberos tickets and logon from a windows 7 client, but
not from openSUSE:

Dec 28 17:41:56 hh3 gnomesu-pam-backend:
pam_systemd(gnomesu-pam:session): Failed to create session: Invalid
argument Dec 28 17:42:57 hh3 gnomesu-pam-backend:
pam_systemd(gnomesu-pam:session): Failed to create session: Invalid
argument Dec 28 17:43:44 hh3 su: nss_ldap: could not search LDAP server -
Server is unavailable

Have you tried setting up the ldap client in the yast module? Is your ldap
using TLS and do you have the cert set up right for the client connection as I
have had this problem before.

You could try an ldapsearch on the command line with option -v to check you
can connect