Re: [opensuse] fstab/partition Problem
Carlos E. R. said the following on 12/27/2011 09:37 AM:
On 2011-12-27 06:52, Basil Chupin wrote:
If he has some of the partitions taken care 0f (why not all) during the
install, as I described, why not use those as a pattern?

Isn't there also an option in YAST for this?

I am not sure - but I don't think so. One can use the partitioner but I
don't know if it will then redo fstab if one makes alterations to the
partitions.

Yes, it does, as far as I remember. But there is a small danger of making a
mistake and altering a partition or formatting one.

$ cat > dev/sd0

I think if we sum all the ways you can mess up the disk, each with a
low probability, then we might approach a certainty.

The miracle is that it doesn't happen more often.

--
"Let us not go over the old ground,
let us rather prepare for what is to come"