Re: [opensuse] Ooh! FF 9.0.1 and TB 9.0 looks pretty good.
On 24/12/11 00:10, Rodney Baker wrote:
On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 07:51:54 David C. Rankin wrote:
All,

Just dropping a note to say Firefox 9.0.1 and Thunderbird 9.0 look pretty
good. Version jumps always scare the heck out of me with what may have been
mucked up trying to 'improve' things. So far, responsiveness seems improved
and interface stayed the same from an appearance standpoint from what I
can tell.

Note: That IS the definition of 'improvement.' :)

Merry Christmas or whatever you celebrate!
I saw a big jump in performance and quality from 7.x to 8.x, but after
upgrading to 9.x two websites simply refuse to load (although the browser
says, "Done" and does not report an error, all I see is a blank page. One,
facebook, is not that critical. The other, my bank's online banking page, is
somewhat more so.

I have found the same thing whch is that FF v9 has problems with some sites. For example, my wife is on some forums and with FF v9 she could not post so I had to re-install v8 on her computer. As for me, I cannot access my telephone account with our Telco.

Even more annoying, though, is that the "Send Feeback" page is broken - no
matter how many times I click on "Submit", nothing happens! I think I'm going
to have to go back to 8.x. :-(

BC

--
So, if a man cannot spot a problem in the making he cannot really be a wise
leader. But very few men have this gift.