Re: [opensuse] [SOLVED] "Undefined mode 348"
On 22/12/11 00:29, Lars Müller wrote:
On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 12:09:27AM +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:
[ 8< ]
It was indeed the video card which did not support the resolution
'vga=348' which, incidentally, was the hex number which openSUSE
came up with when I installed 12.1 and it is for 1400x1050 for the
card I had previously used.

I had searched the 'net for a solution to my problem but what I did
read was more confusing than informative. I have now bookmarked the
wiki.archlinux URL for future reference. It is a pity that oS
doesn't have a similar site or one such as Launchpad for Ubuntu.
It's the result of a sucking lame community. Don't be scared if you
look next time into a mirror. ;)

You may have a point there, Lars.

openSUSE started of as SuSE way back in 1994.

Ubuntu first appeared only end of 2004.

Ubuntu has the Launchpad. openSUSE doesn't have anything like it. It did have, years ago, the Support Database. Where is it now?

"a sucking lame community" you say? The question then comes up: Why?

The more polite version of the above sentence would have been: create
the missing page. It's a wiki and now with the help of this thread you
have the knowledge. We all count on you!

Lars

BC

--
There are actually three kinds of mind: one kind grasps things unaided, the
second sees what another has grasped, the third grasps nothing and sees nothing.