Re: [opensuse] "Undefined mode 348"
On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 9:37 AM, Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have just replaced my monitor and the video card.

Now, suddenly, when I boot the computer I get the error message: "Undefined
mode 348" and am given the option of selecting a video mode to continue the
boot (and I select '31A' which gives me 1280x1024).

your video card, IMO requires an extra xorgconfig to be run.

test it according to this.

Xorg -config xorg.conf.new -retro

In menu.lst the entry for the boot video mode is 'vga=348' (and has been for
years) which equates to a resolution of 1440x900.

The monitor supports this resolution of 1440x900.

Does anyone know, please, in which 12.1 oS file the video resolutions are
defined so that I can check if '348' is there?

(There were some upgrades done this morning and I wonder if one of them
produced this change?)

BC

--
There are actually three kinds of mind: one kind grasps things unaided, the
second sees what another has grasped, the third grasps nothing and sees