Re: [opensuse] English locution correction (was Re: Clinging to Microsoft (was Re: Why openSUSE is less popular than Ubuntu?)
On 12/20/2011 07:13 PM, Anders Johansson wrote:
On Tuesday 20 December 2011 15:46:24 John Andersen wrote:
The entire issue revolves around a largely archaic use of the word "beg",
which is used almost NOWHERE in English today or for the past hundred
years other than in this SINGLE phrase "beg the question".
I beg to differ. It seems as if every other day someone calls on the
phone to beg for a donation. I refused to teach this dog to beg, having
learned the hard way with a previous dog. I hardly think the word is
archaic.

--doug