Re: [opensuse] English locution correction (was Re: Clinging to Microsoft (was Re: Why openSUSE is less popular than Ubuntu?)
On 12/19/2011 6:26 PM, Thomas Taylor wrote:
On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 17:52:53 -0500
Dennis Gallien<dwgallien@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<<<<< snip>>>>>

To the non-native English speakers fearing this horrible spreading locution
expidemic - and the correction was indubatably accurate - click on the link
and as you will see, help is on the way. :)

expidemic ???? Did you mean epidemic?

Tom

A typo is forgivable in a transient communication, and is an entirely different class of issue from ignorance of and misuse of a language.

Indubitably there was also a spelling error which in my opinion falls somewhere between the utter insignificance of a typo (in a non-critical part of a non-critical, transient, communication) and the valuable (in that it caused me to become more educated) misuse of a common phrase.

Hyperparentheticity is my own disease of the grammar gland.

--
bkw