Re: [opensuse] nVidia module types
Anders Johansson wrote:
On Tuesday 20 December 2011 14:18:44 James Knott wrote:
I've noticed that there are 3 types of nVidia kernel modules listed in
Yast Software Management. I assume the pae module is for accessing PAE
memory on 32 bit systems, but what's the difference between default&
desktop modules?

nvidea-gfxG02-kmp-default
nvidea-gfxG02-kmp-desktop
nvidea-gfxG02-kmp-pae
It's not about differences in the module, they are built for the different
kernels you can choose from in a suse system. kernel-default, kernel-desktop
and kernel-pae

OK. My main system has both kernel-deskop and nvidea-gfxG02-kmp-desktop loaded, which is fine since it's a single CPU 64 bit system. However, my notebook has a dual core hyper-threaded CPU, but also has kernel-desktop. I suppose I should change it to default, which supports multiple CPUs. My Netfinity server has two separate CPUs and it has the default kernel.