Re: [opensuse] force certain shutdown option (hibernate...) in kde4 ?
On 12/20/2011 09:18 AM, ianseeks wrote:
On Saturday 17 Dec 2011 11:19:20 madworm_de.opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Is there a way to influence the list of shutdown options available, say
limit it to logoff + hibernate via a configuration file? I don't want to do
any coding / recompiling for this.

Talking about hibernation, it seems that kde4 currently uses 'plain'
hibernation, but there's also the hybrid method available (suspend to disk
+ suspend to ram usefully mixed). Is that hard-coded ?
Add the Log/Lockout widget to your panel and you'll get to configure what it
does via a right click on the widget. see attached snapshot
That's a nice feature. But I'd need that for the kicker application as well. And I'm really looking for _enforcing_ e.g. hibernation. Not just forbidding everything else (and keeping useless entries in the list), but just hibernation to show up as the only option for example. OR to somehow redirect everything else to hibernation. Playing with kdmrc and replacing the 'halt' command with e.g. pm-hibernation does hibernate, but kde doesn't save/restore the session as it thinks it's doing a real shutdown.