Re: [opensuse] 11.4 Wireless stopped working [solved]

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 01:50:25PM -0500, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 12:40 PM, Lars Müller<lmuelle@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Good luck cowboy

Well, I was barking up the wrong tree ...

With help from the list I was able to eliminate a software update as the culprit in my wireless being disabled. This lead me to try to bring up the interface manually:

ifconfig wlan0 up
SIOCSIFFLAGS: Unknown error 132

"rfkill list" showed the interface to be hard blocked even though the wireless button on the laptop was "On".

After unblocking I could enable the interface again with networkmanager and all was well. Sorry for the red herring.

Thanks! -- Mike