Re: [opensuse] Screencast App
On Friday 16 Dec 2011 22:54:08 Swapnil Bhartiya wrote:
Hi,

I am using openSUSE 12.1 with KDE. I want to create some screencast and
have tried Istanbul, Xvidcap and Recordmydesktop. None are working. They
all crash. Can someone please help?

Swapnil

I have been playing with this recently and have discovered a wonderful feature
of FFMPEG. I also failed dismally with the programs you talk about due to
composite managers.

Just try this command in a terminal
ffmpeg -f x11grab -s 1280x1024 -r 10 -i :0.0 -f alsa -i pulse -sameq -r 30 \

test.mpg

It will create a screencast of display 0 and grab your sound. In a pulse
sound manager you can set where your sound is coming from.

Hope this helps

Andrew