Re: [opensuse] sstp from 12.1
On Mon, 2011-12-19 at 17:08 +0100, Chaitanya Krishna wrote:
I would like to connect to a VPN server over the SSTP protocol.
Is there a way that I can achieve this easily from OpenSuse 12.1? I
looked at a couple of programs like sstoper and sstp-client but they
seemed a little cumbersome to use.

AFAIK, sstp-client is the only method to establish an SSTP connection
from non-Windows.

Aside: SSTP is after all Microsoft's proprietary [re]implementation of
VPN-over-SSL; OpenVPN has been doing the same for a long time.

It looks like there is a NetworkManager plugin for SSTP
<http://sstp-client.sourceforge.net/> but I've never tried it. It says
it works with NM 0.9 which is what openSUSE 12.1 uses. That would be a
convenient way to use SSTP.

--
System & Network Administrator [ LPI & NCLA ]
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>