[opensuse] mix up on home directory installing 12.1
Hi all,

Ok, I went to install 12.1, and here is what happened. I had sda6 as root with 11.4 installed, and so I selected a new install on sda7 (a separate partition I had set aside for this purpose). I have sda8 as my home directory.

Here is the problem, which goes back to when I installed 11.4. When I first installed it, I set my user name as "george" and so my home directory was /home/george on sda8.

Then at a later date, I changed my username to "georgelenovo", but I wanted to keep my home directory as /home/george, so I selected in Yast not to switch my home directory. So now I log in as "georgelenovo" but my home directory on 11.4 was still /home/george.

Now fast forward to today. I installed 12.1, and I set up my username as "georgelenovo". The setup program created a new directory called /home/georgelenovo and put all the KDE files in that directory.

So when I boot up in 12.1 it goes to a completely new install and none of my kde settings are there. But when I boot up in 11.4 everything works like before.

So how do I get my system to point to /home/george as my home directory and still have my login be "georgelenovo"?

I assume that if I can make that work, then all my KDE settings will be the same but I will be running 12.1 instead. After I make that work, I will delete the /home/georgelenovo directory.

Thanks,
George