Re: [opensuse] fsh and distros
On 18/12/11 20:54, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Sat, 2011-12-17 at 14:31 -0300, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
On 18/12/11 14:04, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
Anyway, I think he has a *strong* point. That in 2011 I still have to
grep system logs is *STUPID*. That there isn't a decent log
viewer/browser is ridiculous. Much like how there isn't a
quasi-universal and decent interface to at/cron.
That is what "journald" is all about, coming soon to openSUSE, however

Yep, looking forward to it. No doubt there will be as much whining as
there has been about systemd - but it can't get here soon enough IMNSHO.

So you are one of those users the journald proposal targets, those who have to utter incantations to manage a large collection of ever growing logs , usually in a painful way heh :-)