Re: [opensuse] fsh and distros
On 18/12/11 14:04, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

Anyway, I think he has a *strong* point. That in 2011 I still have to
grep system logs is *STUPID*. That there isn't a decent log
viewer/browser is ridiculous. Much like how there isn't a
quasi-universal and decent interface to at/cron.

That is what "journald" is all about, coming soon to openSUSE, however you loose the ability to "grep" that particular logs provided by journald because they are in binary format,

However, you can still use and grep traditional syslog files.