Re: [opensuse] Windows keys with Linux
On Sat, 2011-12-17 at 12:18 +0700, C. van Nidek wrote:
My last windows free keyboard went out of service. Bought me a new
keyboard with some windows (2) keys on it.
I am Windows free since Windows 3 and have no idea how they are named.
I want to use them and are looking for ideas.
Does any of you are making use of these keys and for what?

Typically the 'Windows' key, like the Apple or Commorode, key is
referred to as the meta-key. In GNOME3 it takes you to overview mode
[same as Alt-F1]. Other keys like play, stop, mute, etc... aren't
really all that standard but typically 'just work'. For example in my
GNOME3 session the media keys are bound to the volume control and
Banshee - they work perfectly on both my machines.

--
System & Network Administrator [ LPI & NCLA ]
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>