Re: Re: Re: [opensuse] Is openSUSE a rolling release?
On Friday, December 16, 2011 12:34:58 PM LinuxIsOne wrote:
On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 2:34 AM, Roger Luedecke

<roger.luedecke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You are exactly correct. But those issues are a huge pain to a very new
user, and thus the experience when that kernel update happens is that
their OS is now "broken." That is essentially my point; I didn't see
precision to be necessary here.

Would an upgrade can cause anything (means harm like being broken
sys.) when doing even when I have a separate /home?

Thanks.
Having a seperate /home guarantees that if you wind up having to reinstall,
your personal data like music won't be lost. It will also save settings like
the desktop font, firefox bookmarks... that sort of thing.
--
Roger Luedecke
openSUSE Ambassador