Re: [opensuse] Windows keys with Linux
  • From: "phanisvara das" <listmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 11:03:19 +0530
On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 10:48:38 +0530, C. van Nidek <constant@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My last windows free keyboard went out of service. Bought me a new keyboard with some windows (2) keys on it.
I am Windows free since Windows 3 and have no idea how they are named. I want to use them and are looking for ideas.
Does any of you are making use of these keys and for what?

you didn't say what DE you're using, if any. in KDE, i'm using these keys via
systemsettings -> shortcuts & gestures. there you can assign keyboard shortcuts to your own custom actions, or global or application ones. this comes with an input identifier which (at least in my case, for my keyboard) identifies those "window keys" correctly.

there's a generic X utility for this too, but i forgot it's name :(

--
phani.