Re: [opensuse] Is openSUSE a rolling release?
* LinuxIsOne <reallife@xxxxxxxxxxx> [12-16-11 02:08]:
On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 2:34 AM, Roger Luedecke
<roger.luedecke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You are exactly correct. But those issues are a huge pain to a very new
user,
and thus the experience when that kernel update happens is that their OS is
now "broken." That is essentially my point; I didn't see precision to be
necessary here.

Would an upgrade can cause anything (means harm like being broken
sys.) when doing even when I have a separate /home?

And upgrade *always* has the possibility of doing harm/breaqking things.
The *unexpected* is always possible. This is the reason for testing. All
possibilities cannot be tested, there are too many, so there may be
breakage.

But, breakage is not expected or is documented with work-a-rounds or
upcoming correction (normally).