[opensuse] Postfix testing [Was: Any problems with installing 12.1 on RAID ?]
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 00:28:16 +0100 (CET)

On Thursday, 2011-12-15 at 18:28 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:

Lack of testing? The bug about postfix not being started is so basic,
it should have been caught in a test.

When I test factory, I do not test postfix, because it is complex and I want my mail in my work setup, not on a test one that could corrupt my email. Instead I setup Thunderbird on imap if I want to read or post something.

I would not have catchd the problem with postfix.

However, my virtual 12.1 test machine does have postfix running. No idea if it works.

[...]

No, it doesn't.

Elanor:~ # rcpostfix status
redirecting to systemctl
postfix.service - Postfix Mail Transport Agent
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/postfix.service; enabled)
Active: inactive (dead)
CGroup: name=systemd:/system/postfix.service
Elanor:~ # chkconfig postfix
Note: Forwarding request to 'systemctl is-enabled postfix.service'.
enabled
postfix on

It could be off because in my sustem the network reports to have failed, even though it works. Dunno.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)