Re: [opensuse] Any problems with installing 12.1 on RAID ?
Per Jessen wrote:
Is any of this software RAID or are you using a (presumably) builtin
hardware RAID array?

It's software RAID. Hardware RAID requires an optional controller. IIRC, /boot on RAID5 is fine, provided you have hardware RAID.
> The only problem with this server is it's a bit slow. It has dual
> PIII CPUs and 1 GB memory.
Heh, my mail test-cluster is still running a set of PII 400-MHz with
384Mb memory each. More than plenty:-)
I ran 11.0 on this box previously. 12.1 is much slower on it. Currently my fastest system is my ThinkPad E520, which has dual Intel i3-2310M CPUs & hyperthreading and 4 GB of memory. Next up is an older 64 bit AMD CPU & 4 GB system, which is my main desktop computer. On this system 12.1 is slow enough that I'm seriously considering getting a new mom board.