Re: [opensuse] Any problems with installing 12.1 on RAID ?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 17:21:49 +0100
James Knott wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:
I've just started a remote install of 12.1 on a server with
pre-configured RAID and LVM. In YaST, md0 and md1 for some reason
turned up under "harddisk", whereas md2 is listed under RAID. I
can't select md0 for swap nor md1 for root. I've tried a rescan, but
that didn't help. The logival volumes are fine. Any known problems
with RAID and 12.1?
Unfortunately I don't have the time to investigate, this server needs
to be up and running, so I guess 11.4 + zypper dup is the next best
option.

Last week, I installed it on a RAID1 & LVM array. No problems. Even
/boot is on RAID.

My intentions were to have swap on md0, root on md1 and miscellaneous on
lvs on md2.
Hmm, weird. I'll capture y2logs and then proceed with 11.4 I think.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (7.2°C)