Re: [opensuse] netiquette qn.
On Wed, 2011-12-14 at 15:31 +0100, lynn wrote:
Scenario: Someone has opened a thread which asks a question. Someone
else has answered it satisfactorily. The answer has been useful for me,
but I now have another question, based upon that answer. I post it to
the thread.
Have I hijacked it?

No; so long as there is a logical progression of the topic.

HOWEVER: It is often good to change the subject of the e-mail, but still
do a reply. You can "New Subject [Was: Old Subject]" the reply, which
makes it abundantly clear to the reader(s).

--
System & Network Administrator [ LPI & NCLA ]
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>