Re: Re: [opensuse] A request to Attachmate/Novell
On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Roger Luedecke
<roger.luedecke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Even better idea, how about we make a list where people come mow my lawn
for free? I'm a lawn newbie and I don't have time to do it myself. Other
people who know a lot about lawns and own lawnmowers should share their
lawnmowers and their saturdays with lawn newbies.

Look, we frankly aren't based on the idea of noob-friendliness. Frankly
though, with YaST and a strong stance on security we actually wind up being
more friendly than most. And a mailing list isn't a matter of wealth, and even
if it was Canonical isn't doing better than the companies under Attachmate.
From most estimates I'm aware of, Canonical isn't even profitable.

Thats okay and I have liked suse much but at least you can have the
docs like that of Ubuntu? See
https://help.ubuntu.com/10.04/basic-commands/C/ where all things are
explained from such a basic level that even persons from other field
can read so nicely and learn something which people often
misunderstand to be geeky. Well, in fact and in realities, while I
have liked Suse more than Ubuntu (because of more clean and better
architecture) but you can have such documentations which would be an
added advantage, especially for us.

Thanks.