Re: [opensuse] Is openSUSE a rolling release?
* Roger Luedecke <roger.luedecke@xxxxxxxxx> [12-13-11 18:43]:
We have a rolling release called Tumbleweed. It is not advised for the less
experienced or adventurous. Though the software that makes it in to
Tumbleweed
is considered stable, it is still less tested than the main distro and thus
you may still run into serious work disrupting bugs. PLus, the frequent
updates can break proprietary drivers such as nVidia and ATI drivers.

"frequent updates" do *not* break the nVidia drivers; cannot speak for ATI
as I purposely have NVidia. To my experience, *only* kernel updates cause
NVidia ?breakage? as they require reinstallation of the NVidia driver. It
does ?break? when the kernel is updated and not the driver.

I also find very *little* problem with the tumbleweed packages and those
problems have been quickly addressed. Thanks Greg Kroah-Hartman.