Re: [opensuse] No KNetworkManager in 12.1?
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 21:34:53 +0100
On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 21:26, John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sorry to spam your inboxes. Found it. It became a desktop widget (or
plasmoid, or whatchamacallit).

I thought Will posted the other day that it was still available as a panel
widget just
like in 11.4.

I much prefer this be in the panel than floating around on the desktop.
My desktop has nothing at all on it in terms of widgets or icons or whatever.
I'd like to get rid of the Cashew as well.

Errr... try this:

- Right-click on the system tray
- In the context menu, select "System Tray Settings"
- Under Display > Extra items place a check next to "Network Management"

That's it... now you see the network manager in the system tray... no
need for a floating widget. You can add a desktop widget if you
want... or you can add a Network Manager widget to the Panel if you
want, but it's also built into the system tray... it's just off by
default.

C.