Re: [opensuse] No KNetworkManager in 12.1?
On 12/12/2011 11:56 AM, Haro de Grauw wrote:

I recently updated two laptops from 11.4 to 12.1, and it seems
KNetworkManager is gone after the install. I can't find anywhere to
configure network settings at user level. When I bring up YaST, it says
"network is currently managed by NetworkManager", and gives me the
option of switching back to ifup, which works just fine (except I need to
install the smpppd package(*) ).

I do not have the KNetworkManager icon in the system tray, and alt+f2 >
knetworkmanager does not work.

What am I missing here? Is there some new utility I should be using instead?

Sorry to spam your inboxes. Found it. It became a desktop widget (or
plasmoid, or whatchamacallit).

I thought Will posted the other day that it was still available as a panel
widget just
like in 11.4.

I much prefer this be in the panel than floating around on the desktop.
My desktop has nothing at all on it in terms of widgets or icons or whatever.
I'd like to get rid of the Cashew as well.