[opensuse] No KNetworkManager in 12.1?
Hi folks, quick question:

I recently updated two laptops from 11.4 to 12.1, and it seems KNetworkManager is gone after the install. I can't find anywhere to configure network settings at user level. When I bring up YaST, it says "network is currently managed by NetworkManager", and gives me the option of switching back to ifup, which works just fine (except I need to install the smpppd package(*) ).

I do not have the KNetworkManager icon in the system tray, and alt+f2 > knetworkmanager does not work.

What am I missing here? Is there some new utility I should be using instead?

Haro

P.S.
(*) Why the heck is that package not included by default??? It's very annoying to have to install that before being able to use the network, as it means I must necessarily get that package from the dvd, or via a USB key etc.!