Re: [opensuse] quick question re word wrap protocol
On 12/12/2011 8:00 AM, David C. Rankin wrote:
On 12/12/2011 09:29 AM, Dennis Gallien wrote:
Does the community here have a "rule" regarding message word wrap? I know
that in the old days the protocol was 78 or 80 columns, but
AFAIK most (all?) message/mail readers now support automatic wrap, which I
personally vastly prefer. Looking at other's messages here
though, it appears that both fixed column and wrap is being used. After
being spanked for imprecise snips, I don't want to risk the wrath
of the mailing list gods, so can someone clarify, please. :)

Thanks.

--dg

Well,

Considering I can't even read your message in tbird without scrolling, I
would say -- "yes, please configure your mailer to wrap at 78."

See: http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/img/misc/dg_wrapQ.jpg

(a screenshot of your message in thunderbird)

Blue on black David?
Readability problems might not be attributable solely to word wrap issues.
Just sayin.....