Re: [opensuse] Frustration with Flash
On 12/11/2011 07:59 AM, Anton Aylward wrote:
Ah, that's it.
The error message I quoted had a link to download the flash player from
the Adobe site. I followed the link, downloaded and installed the RPM I
mentioned in my previous message.

Silly me for following vendor advise.

The overriding question is "Why wouldn't it work?" Was it just a path or config issue or something more? Did you ever get a feel for where the problem with the adobe rpm was?

If I get a chance, I'll try pulling the opensuse package and the adobe file and see if I can figure out why the adobe rpm failed. Theoretically, you should be able to grab any upstream source and run in on your box with minimal config changes...

It sounds like a shared library location issue. The flash plugin has always been handled like a step-child as far as where the .so ends up...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.