[opensuse] Re: Ereaders - Was: Clinging to Microsoft
On 12/10/2011 7:20 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
3) My Kobo ebook will only update from Windows. There is an experimental
Ubuntu software, so I may be forced to install Ubuntu on
another partition or a VM. The devs said they do not intend to support more
than one distro, and the chose Ubuntu.

Are you talking about a software update to the Kobo, or just putting books on
it.

For the latter, Calibre is the way to go.

For the Former, its probably like most readers, gets a few updates when new
then, it is frozen and never gets another. I've used VMwarePlayer for that
on my nook, but my nook is first edition, and will probably never see another
upgrade.