Re: Clinging to Microsoft (was Re: [opensuse] Why openSUSE is less popular than Ubuntu?)
On 12/11/2011 11:26 AM, Kim Leyendecker wrote:

Another alternative is NTFS support in Linux.

I've been using the Paragon NTFS drivers (free for home use) for some time
and they are bullet proof. I use them for plug in media on large external
hard drives, not so much for dual-boot partitions.

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/ntfs-linux-per/

Does this driver also fix the problem that writing to a NTFS flash drive
fails sometimes?

--kdl

One can never prove a negative.

But for me it has never failed to write anything. I've used it with
hard drives in USB/Firewire enclosures, Flash drives up to 64gig, and one
"yanked out of windows" SATA hard drive. I've used it for both read and write
on all of those platforms without a problem, and the drives all worked
in windows afterwards.