Re: [opensuse] Re: YaST lilo support
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 15:54:09 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2011-12-09 18:42, Per Jessen wrote:
Lars Müller wrote:

But (re)directing people from the openSUSE wiki to Ubuntu is a much,
much better approach. Lovely.

That was also what got me a little upset. Lovely indeed. :-(

You are welcome to get into the forum and tell those newcomers how to
get it working without installing Ubuntu. :-)

I accept that there is a problem, but I'm not very keen on the proposed
solution. Especially not to newbies.

I'm serious. We do the best we can. The helpers there can not guide
people to use lilo if it is not supported or they do not know how to
do it.

No, I wasn't suggesting that was the right approach either, but if this
is an issue that appears perhaps a couple of times per month, at least
we should have a bug report (maybe there already is one that is not
being looked at?)

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (6.9°C)