Re: [opensuse] Frustration with Flash
Hi Anton,

Am 11.12.2011 14:59, schrieb Anton Aylward:
Wolfgang Rosenauer said the following on 12/11/2011 04:00 AM:
Then I would not blame this update but your mix of different vendors.

Ah, that's it.
The error message I quoted had a link to download the flash player from
the Adobe site. I followed the link, downloaded and installed the RPM I
mentioned in my previous message.

Silly me for following vendor advise.

It was the advice of some website out there. That's totally different
I'd say ;-)

Overnight I did get things to work and I'm surprised.
You know how when you're tied you don't think quite straight and do
silly things. Well I went into the ... not the about:config, but the
part of the FF setup where you can set the MIME mapping and played there.

I set all the "video" (except quicktime) to use Dragon Player.

I haven't a clue why that worked but it did.

So now, after rectification following your advice:
MozillaFirefox-8.0-2.3.i586
flash-player-11.1.102.55-65.2.i586
flash-player-kde4-11.1.102.55-65.2.i586
flash-plugin-10.3.183.5-release.i386

You should get rid of flash-plugin-10.3.183.5-release.i386 (you might
need to reinstall the flash-player* packages afterwards but that's not
sure).

Wolfgang