Re: [opensuse] Re: YaST lilo support
On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 02:19:01AM +0100, Carlos E. R. wrote:

On Saturday, 2011-12-10 at 02:31 +0100, Lars Müller wrote:

Please stop claiming openSUSE sucks cause lilo doesn't longer get the
same attention as other available boot loaders get. lilo is more or
less a dead horse.

I never said openSUSE sucks. Those are your words, not mine.

But you express it in between the lines. You demonstrate it by
suggesting to people to install Ubuntu to get openSUSE starting up
_even_ if it is not required. What else then expressing 'this stuff
sucks very well' is this?

Let me guess your reply: "I'm only trying to help!"

I can't request anything from you. Neither to contribute to the
software used by the project nor to the documentation in the wiki (for
example about how to use elilo). But I'm asking you to stop
demotivating motivated people by your way to communicate.

Suggesting to use Ubuntu cause you feel frustrated as openSUSE isn't or
better wasn't able to handle GTP disks is a negative approach. By this
I fear you'll frustrate and demotivate others to use openSUSE too.
That's most annoying as your criticism isn't realy valid. Therefore I
ask you again to stop this, please.

I will if you promise to contribute in the forum to explain those
users having problems how to do it with openSUSE. :-|

Why should I do this? It's more than enouth that I try to explain
people here that they're suggesting something bad. Either you get it or
you miss it. That's up to you. Point the users to this list. Point
them to the list archive of this thread.

Meanwhile, we, not I, have to tell users to install a small Ubuntu
in another partition, and tell its grub 2 to boot openSUSE instead.
We are not telling them to use Ubuntu, but how to get openSUSE
working.

Puhh. You're not willing to see the alternatives. That's ok for me.

One last time: the alternative is elilo.

You say there is another way: ok, I believe you. But I do not know
how to guide people on it. You do, so you go there and explain to
them. Cooperate on the forums!

If you don't, you don't have the right to tell me not to help people
the best I can in the manner I, or we, know.

I explained how it works. Check the archive. Try it. And if you had
read my full posting, the full thread or would be able to quote well you
would be aware I'm not telling you not to help.

What I'm requesting from you is to stop spreading rumours and direct
people in the worng direction. Do what ever you like to do at these web
based discussion thing. I don't care. Demonstrate how skilled you're
but don't do it on this list after it got explained to you how it works.
That's all I'm requesting.

Well, even the suggested approach might not work. Then we have to
address it by defect reports to bugzilla. That's the workflow we use at
this project to address issues. Oh, well that's either such a web based
thing. ;)

Thanks and have a nice Sunday.

Lars
--