Re: [opensuse] Why openSUSE is less popular than Ubuntu?

On 12/06/2011 10:45 AM, Matt Hayes wrote:
On 12/6/2011 10:37 AM, LinuxIsOne wrote:
Hi,
I was just thinking that though openSUSE is more smooth and works
better and has more clean architecture than Ubuntu but still why
Ubuntu is more popular?
Thanks.

The only answer I have for that is: Who cares?
The popularity of a distribution does not make it 'better' than anything
else. Honestly, people should use what they are comfortable with and
works in their situation. For me, openSUSE fits that bill. In other
situations, another distribution might fit.
Use what works, not what is popular.
-Matt

I agree, certain os's fit certain uses/applications.
I have tried a hand full of Linux flavors, and still use 3 different one's at this time for different things. I moved to Unix/Linux after I used OS/2 for a few years ( loved OS/2, fit what I was doing at the time ).

Mike..
--
Sent from my Suse Desktop