Re: Clinging to Microsoft (was Re: [opensuse] Why openSUSE is less popular than Ubuntu?)
On 12/10/2011 09:20 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Carlos, great response and how true.

Too bad we (collectively as individuals, groups and corporations) can't band together and demand developer and/or support for Linux - like there is for Mac's.

Example, the bank I currently with - has my mortgage, bank accounts and credit cards - associated all together. Their online banking had several problems with Firefox (under Linux) and I called their support and read them a riot act, stating that if that don't fix this problem, I'm moving my accounts to another bank, And going to tell everyone I see to boycott this bank. Thankfully, they sad that they were aware of the problem - and is was some crap involving MS & IE & Java and that it would just take MORE time to figure out because of the changes MS keeps making to IE & Java. AND, of course, we all know that they really don't support (or don't want to support) Linux in any way. It was only a problem within Firefox & Java.

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ