Re: [opensuse] Failures with 12.1
James Knott said the following on 12/09/2011 04:16 PM:
Anton Aylward wrote:
Create a clone: copy the Postfix SystemD entry to one named
fetchmail.service (or whatever is suitable) and edit its contents to
start up fetchmail instead of postfix.
You mean copy from
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/postfix.service?

I wouldn't know where to start modifying that.

Not having a copy, not running 12.1, neither do I, but given a copy I
could probably make some sensible guesses and experiment a bit.

Guessing ...

It probably needs to go in ..../multi-user.target.wants/ like
postfix.service

Guessing some more ...

There's probably a line like

After=network.target

which you'll want for fetchmail, but you might want to add something such as

After=postfix.target

since you want postfix to be up before you run fetchmail :-)

Guessing again, there's probably something like

[Service]
Type=forking
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/postfix -c /etc/postfix start
ExecStop=/usr/sbin/postfix -c /etc/postfix stop

And you want to replace those relevant lines with something like

ExecStart=/usr/bin/fetchmail -f /etc/fetchmailrc
ExecStop=/usr/bin/fetchmail -q

Of course this is all guesswork that I dreamt up after read the SystemD
documentation. I could be quite wrong and I don't have a 12.1 system to
experiment with. You are welcome to experiment and report back :-)
--
Security is like a box of chocolates: everyone thinks they want it, then
they bite down and realize it's not the flavor they were expecting.