Re: Clinging to Microsoft (was Re: [opensuse] Why openSUSE is less popular than Ubuntu?)
On 12/9/2011 8:02 AM, James Knott wrote:
LinuxIsOne wrote:
On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 8:25 AM, James Knott<james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

BTW, on dual boot Linux/Windows systems, I have created a FAT32 partition
and moved "My Documents" to it. This generally works well, but it confuses
some Windows apps.
How you did this?

There are different methods, depending on the Windows version.

XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310147

Another alternative is NTFS support in Linux.

NTFS support in linux is mature enough now to deal with this so you don't need
to whack your Windows system by tossing in Fat32 for key system directories
or messing about with partitions.

I've been using the Paragon NTFS drivers (free for home use) for some time
and they are bullet proof. I use them for plug in media on large external
hard drives, not so much for dual-boot partitions.

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/ntfs-linux-per/