Re: [opensuse] status report - installation of 12.1 on IBM blade with PXE+root on iSCSI went well
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 12:45:11 -0500
On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 9:24 AM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It's hardly the most widely tested functionality, but I can report that
installation and booting from iSCSI works very well in openSUSE 12.1.
(at least on this hardware, IBM Bladeserver).

One slight problem in YaST (bug#725182), but once the patch was applied,
that worked too.  I had a bit of trouble getting the kernel command-line
arguments right:

root=/dev/disk/by-id/scsi-....
targetaddress=<iscsiserver>
targetname=<iscsitarget>

I have no idea where the last two are documented, but google and the
source code helped me get it right.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (13.4°C)

Per,

Sounds like you have a new wiki page in your future ;)

en.opensuse.org

I would put it in the SDB: section. Click on this and you will have
created a new page!

http://en.opensuse.org/index.php?title=SDB:Installing_and_Booting_from_iSCSI&action=edit

Of course, then you have to fill it in.

Greg