Re: [opensuse] Re: YaST lilo support
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 16:46:59 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2011-12-09 15:57, Per Jessen wrote:
Yes, there is no active developer to take care of them. I have
however been using since yast lilo config since it was deprecated
(which I think is the correct expression). It has bugs (lack of
updates rather), sure. I did consider taking over support myself,
but with general interest being quite low, sofar I have just used the
proposed config, and fixed the rest manually when I install.

Then, it is difficult to tell newcomers for which legacy grub fails to
try lilo instead.

Yep. Does it happen a lot?

Also, there are the people with EFI and/or GPT partitions...

Do they cause any issues? (the partitions, not the people). About a
year ago, I remember testing a WD 3Tb disk, GPT required, worked well
with lilo.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (11.9°C)