Re: [opensuse] less than 4gig 12.1 live cd/usb?
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 16:06:50 +0100
On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 15:58, tparker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<tparker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there a live cd version of opensuse 12.1 that is less than 4gig? I need
to make a live USB thumb drive to test 12.1 on a laptop I am expecting
install issues on and the only drive available is a 4gig.

Back when I put 11.4 on my desktop I was able to find the full live/install
version and a smaller version that grabbed the rest of it's packages as
downloads after that basics were set up. I have not been able to find this
smaller version for 12.1 and am unsure if that option wasn't supported this
time or if I simply fail at google.

I do need it to be a "live" version so that if the hardware looks like it
will work, the person can play around a bit with opensuse before we blow
away windows.

No need to Google... just go here: http://software.opensuse.org/121/en
and pick the version you want... LiveCD KDE, LiveCD Gnome, Network
etc.

C.