[opensuse] Re: A request to Attachmate/Novell
On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 09:34:54 -0500
Linux Tyro <opensuse.bkn1@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 8:54 AM, Johannes Meixner
<jsmeix@xxxxxxx> wrote:

For example I ignore postings which are not meaningful for me.

+1

Would follow the same strategy from now.

I think special mailing lists for newbies won't help them
as much as now where all kind of users use the same mailing list
for generic questions and User to User support so that even newbies
can get replies from experienced users - regardless whether or not
every reply can be understood by a newbie.

Okay, I understand.

I think a separated list for things like "newbie to newbie support"
would be basically useless.

While your suggestion of ignoring the mail (if not suited) is better
but if the new list were to be formed, it would be "experienced to
newbie support", since only experienced only can support but why
Novell would do it, that I understand.
Hi
You should login to the forum, use your current newsreader and select
usenet and point it towards forums.opensuse.org, no paswword or
account required.

If you decide to create an account then I suggest using
<forum_username>@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org as your email then it will
associate with the webside account.

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 11.4 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.37.6-0.9-desktop