[opensuse] status report - installation of 12.1 on IBM blade with PXE+root on iSCSI went well
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 15:24:26 +0100
It's hardly the most widely tested functionality, but I can report that
installation and booting from iSCSI works very well in openSUSE 12.1.
(at least on this hardware, IBM Bladeserver).

One slight problem in YaST (bug#725182), but once the patch was applied,
that worked too. I had a bit of trouble getting the kernel command-line
arguments right:

root=/dev/disk/by-id/scsi-....
targetaddress=<iscsiserver>
targetname=<iscsitarget>

I have no idea where the last two are documented, but google and the
source code helped me get it right.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (13.4°C)