Re: [opensuse] Cannot install 12.1
  • From: Linux Tyro <opensuse.bkn1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 04:05:15 -0500
On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 3:56 AM, michael norman
<michaeltnorman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have two boxes here.  Both run 11.4 with no problems. One is a bit old 1gb
athlon 2 gb ram the other is much newer intel 4 core 8 gig ram.  I have
installed 12 1 on the older box ok but using the same dvd on the newer box the
install refuses to get beyond the splash screen ie it fails to resolve just
hangs with sort of half a picture.  I have tried text install and all the
acailable resolutions, nothing gets any further. Neither does trying to get
inti another console to no avail. Using the dvd on the newer box if I select
boot from hard drive it works ok and gets me to the installed 11 4.  I have
had the saaame experience with a net cd as well. So I am at a loss with this.

Check media before installation on the same box on which the
installation fails and check media on the box in which installation is
successful, any difference?