Re: [opensuse] Installing Virtualbox extensions
On 12/09/2011 04:44 PM, Richard wrote:

That's exactly what I did. When I clicked ok, a dialog came up asking
for my root pw but it wouldnt take it. I had a similar problem trying
to download updates via packagekit. Gave up on that and went to zypper.

Recently I think I saw a solution/workaround but cannot find it.

Thanks for the response.

One thing you can try.....

Before starting VB, in a terminal "su -" to become root. Then change
root's password.

Then start VB and try installing the extensions using the new root PW.